I spent some time living in Spain and tried a bunch of sangrias. Once I returned stateside I missed the sangria on hot afternoons. After trying dozens of recipes I took elements of each and ended up with my own recipe that my friends and family seem to really like. Enjoy!
- Approximately 1/2 gallon of red wine (Carlos Rossi Sangria base or another Spanish red)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup apricot brandy
- 1/2 to 1 cup triple sec
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 to 1 cup sprite
- half an apple
- half an orange
- Combine the liquid ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Chop the fruit into bite size pieces and add to pitcher.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.
- Drink. Mmmmmm.